Glutinous Rice doughnuts
Yeast Paste Preparation
150ml warm water
1/2 tbsp yeast
Add yeast into flour. Pour in warm water and mix well into a paste.
Then cover with a wet cloth for 1-2 hours till foamy to become
proved yeast paste.
Yeast paste can be kept for up to 24hours in the fridge and just used
the amount required.
Yeast paste is also used for recipes of
horse hoof crisp.
600g plain flour
150g yeast paste
¼ tsp alkaline water
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
300g glutinous rice
¼ tsp five spice powder
½ tbsp salt
Soak glutinous rice till soft and drain off excess water. Mix
with all ingredients thoroughly. Add in ½ cup water and steam or
cook for ½ hour. when cooled, roll up with clear cling firm to form
a strip. Keep aside.
1. Mix ingredients B. Mix well yeast paste and sugar of
ingredients A. Add in B and mix well.
2. Add in flour. mix well
3. Cover with a wet cloth for ½ hour. Add in a little flour. Turn
over to proof for another hour.
4. Sprinkle some flour on a table. Roll out dough into a rectangular
5. Place filling at the center and roll up. Brush some water at the
6. Cut across about ¾ inches thick. press slightly.
7. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown
8. Drain off excess oil.
Back to Recipes Index