A Simple Chiffon Sponge Cake
¾ cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup (120g) plain flour * (see below)
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon powdered milk
3 table spoon warm water
* for a more moist cake changed to 80g plain
flour plus 40g rice flour
1. Beat 3 egg whites until stiff peaks form
2. gradually beat ¾ cup castor sugar, until dissolved
3. beat in 3 egg yolks, one at a time
4. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
5. Combine the dry ingredients ( flour baking powder, and powdered
milk) Mix well.
6. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture alternately with
the 3 tablespoons of warm water
7. Pour into two well greased 7 inches sandwich tins.
8. Bake in a moderately hot oven (400 degrees) for 20 minutes.
9. Before sandwiching the 2 layers together with butter cream icing
, spread the bottom layer with strawberry or raspberry jam.
* see also full Pandan Chiffon cake recipe
Back to Recipes Index