Steamed kek lapis ( Steamed layer cake)
8 oz. butter
1 tin kaya (about 300g)
1 tin condensed milk (375g)
0.5 tsp salt
5 oz. castor sugar
8 oz. flour (sui sian / hong kong flour)
2.5 tsp baking powder
25 gm Nescafe coffee powder
1. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add in egg one at a time and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour in kaya, condensed milk and salt.
4. Mix the baking powder into the flour.
5. Fold in the flour.
6. Pour all the batter to a mixing bowl. Melt the coffee powder
with a little bit of hot water. Pour this into the batter.
7. Leave the other batter plain.
8. Steam it layer by layer. One layer takes about 12 min to
Back to Recipes Index