Passion Fruit Jam
13 passion fruits
¼ cup water
2 1/3 cup sugar
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Glass canning jars, sterilized
1 tsp of lemon paste
1. Wash the passion fruit thoroughly, as you will be using the skin
as well as the pulp of the fruit.
2. Cut the passion fruit in half and remove the pulp and seeds.
Place, in a closed container, in the refrigerator.
3. Place the passion fruit shells into a bowl of water, about 2 cups
just enough to cover fruit shells. Place the
bowl in the refrigerator and allow the shells to soak for 24 hours.
4. Next day, boil the passion fruit shells in a pot of water for
approximately 15 minutes to soften them. Set aside to cool.
5. Use a spoon to scope out the inner flesh that remain on the
shells and discard the skins. Put it in a blender and make it into a
puree along with 1/4 cup of water. Then transfer it into a pot.
6. Separate out the seeds and juice that you removed yesterday using
a strainer. Add the juice along with the sugar and the lime juice.
lemon paste and agar agar powder to
the same pot and boil for 15 minutes. During this time the mixture
7. Pour the hot jam into hot, sterilized jars, to within 1/4 inch
from the top of the jar. Seal the jars when cool.
Back to Recipes Index