Orange Chiffon Cake (using rice flour)
5 egg yolks
40g vegetable oil
50g orange juice
some orange zest
60g self raising flour
30g rice flour (再来米粉/在来米粉/粘米粉)
* ( see below)
5 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
* the rice flour will retain the moisture and create a more moist
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
2. Gradually add in vegetable oil, followed by orange juice, and
stir until well-mixed.
3. Fold in sifted cake flour and rice flour until well-mixed. Set
4. In another bowl, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until
foamy. Add in sugar gradually and continue whisking until stiff peak
5. Gently fold in the egg white into the egg yolk batter (in step 3)
in 3 batches. Lastly, add in orange zest.
6. Pour the batter into an ungreased chiffon tin. Give the tin a few
slight knocks on the tabletop to remove air bubbles. Bake in
preheated oven at 170 deg C for 40 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and invert the tin immediately onto a cooling
8. Unmould the cake only when it is completely cool.
Back to Recipes Index