Lao Po Bing / XI bing
Water Dough (Skin):
2 cups plain flour
½ cup water (room temp)
½ cup oil
Oil Dough (Inner layer):
1 ½ cups plain flour
½ cup oil
crystal winter melon candied
55gm castor sugar
70gm Koh Fun (commercialised cooked glutinous rice flour)
15gm sesame seeds
12gm desiccated coconut
120 boiled water
Put all ingredients into a big bowl, mix till well combined.
1. Mix & knead water dough ingredients together & leave to stand for
approx 30 mins.
2. Weight out crystal winter melon paste & roll into balls approx
10g per ball
3. Portion out water dough to approx 32 balls
4. Portion out oil dough to approx 32 balls
5. Press out to a thin layer the water dough portion. Put oil dough
portion inside & wrap with water dough portion to a little ball.
6. Flour table top & rolling pin (optional).
7. Roll out in 1 direction the mixed dough ball to flat.
8. Roll back up into like a Swiss roll
9. Flour table top & rolling pin again (optional).
10. Put Swiss roll roll standing top down & press downwards, then
roll back out again in 1 direction.
11. Put a portion of fillings paste into rolled out dough and wrap
(Note:Dough can be stretched to fit over paste ball.)
12. Shape into a ball & place on paper-lined baking tray.
13. Do the same for the rest of the ingredients
14. Bake at 170oC for 10 – 15 mins.
15. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
16. Bake another 10 mins – 15 mins till golden.
17. Cool & store.