Kueh Ko Sui
Gula Melaka syrup (A):
250g gula Melaka (palm sugar)
50g soft brown sugar
2 pandan leaves, shredded and knotted
Cake mix (B):
100g tapioca flour
180g rice flour
1/2 grated coconut, use only the white flesh (i.e. do not grate
close to the shell)
1/2 tsp salt
1. Bring gula melaka, brown sugar, water and pandan leaves to a boil
to dissolve the sugars. Strain the syrup.
2. Mix both types of flour and water in a mixing bowl. Stir the
syrup into the flour mixture. Cook the mixture
over a gentle low heat into a slightly thickened batter.
3. Spoon batter into a greased round cake pan . Steam over rapid
boiling water for about 15 minutes.
4. Mix grated white coconut with salt and steam for four to five
minutes. Remove and spread on a big plate to cool.
5. Leave the steamed kuih kosui to cool completely before cutting into small diamond shape pieces.
6. Toss kuih kosui in grated coconut and serve.
Back to Recipes Index