Wholemeal Raisin Bread
3 cups bread flour
4 tbsp wheat bran (whole meal flour)
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/3 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoons sugar
1 1/3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
3 tablespoons condensed milk
1 1/3 teaspoons instant dried yeast
1/2 cup raisins
1. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add a
little more flour or water if necessary. Mix till dough
is not sticky and leave side of bowl or not sticking to hands.
2. Turn onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic,
about 15minutes by hand or machine 6-8 minutes.
3. Once the dough passes the
window test, cover and let proof in a warm place,
about 2 hours or until doubled in size.
4. Punch down and knead again for another 5 -10 mins.
the dough into three equal portions. Shape each portions into oval
shape and place them in a bread baking pan.
5. Proof for another 60 - 90 minutes or doubled in size.
6. Preheat oven to 180° C. and bake for
25-30 minutes, or until golden
brown on the top or sound hollow when thumped on the bottom.
Back to Recipes Index