Sweet Potato Cake(Fatt Kou)
Make about 7 Fatt Kous
· 120g Pau flour/Hong Kong flour/cake flour
· 2 tsp instant yeast
· 1 tsp double action baking powder
· 25g castor sugar
· 1 tbsp shortening
· 55ml water
· 200g steamed sweet potato (orange type), finely mashed
· 130g Pau flour/Hong Kong flour/cake flour
· 2 tsp double action baking powder
· 110g sugar
· 1/4 tsp ammonia
Mix ingredients (A) well and leave in an airtight container to ferment
for five hours. This is the starter dough.
Sieve the flour and double action baking powder (C) into a large
mixing bowl. Add in sugar and ammonia. Mix in the starter dough and
blend well. Add in ingredients (B) and knead well to form a soft
3. Divide into 3 portions. Add a few drops of food coloring to
each portion and
knead till color is evenly spread out.
Make into small balls and put into paper cups. Place the paper cups
into small metal cups. Leave aside for 15-20 minutes to rise.
Steam the dough for 15-25 minutes over high heat.
Back to Recipes Index