Pak Tong Koh made Simple
170g sieved rice flour
130 - 150g castor sugar
3/4 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp warm water
1 tbsp sugar
1. Mix (B) and leave aside for 10 minutes for use later
2. Mix (A) together well and cook over slow heat stirring all the
time till a little thicken (this process should not be more than
5 minutes otherwise the mixture will have sago pearls forming).
The mixture should be thick and watery but not dough state so you
can state, so you can sieve it.
Sieve this mixture into a big mixing bowl and cooled it in a basin
3. Mix (1) and (2) together and blend well. Cover the mixture with
glad wrap and prove in a warm place for 1 - 2 hours. When the
mixture show signs of bubbles all over the surface then it is ready
4. Pour the ready batter into a 19.5cm x 19.5 cm greased pan and
steam on high heat for 20 -25 minutes.
5. Cut into serving pieces and rub with cooking oil to give it a
glossy appearance when cool.
Note- Do NOT add oil to the flour mixture. Rub oil to the
cake only after steam to give it a glossy appearance.
Back to Recipes Index