Making Kway Teow
Makes 8-9 pieces (½ kg)
150g rice flour
1½ Tbsp Wheat starch flour
2 Tbsp Corn flour
400ml cold water
1 Tbsp Oil
½ tsp Salt
1. Mix the rice flour, wheat starch and corn flour together. Add the
water and stir continuously.
2. Add in the oil, salt and mix thoroughly.
3. Set the batter aside for at least an hour.
4. Prepare your steamer.
5. When the water is boiling, ladle and spread a thin layer of
batter onto the tray. Steam for about 4-5 mins on high.
6. Remove the tray from the steamer and leave to cool slightly (
leave it on a tray of ice cold water to quicken the process) before
using a scrapper to fold the kway teow.
While waiting for the kway teow to cool, put in the next tray to
7. Cut into thin strips for fried kway teow. The noodle sheets can
be kept in airtight containers in the fridge for a day or 2.