Shu Fen (老鼠粉 /
银针粉) (Chinese shortRice
known as Yin Zhen fen ( Silver
2 cups rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup Potato starch
200 ml boiling water
175 ml water (room temperature)
2 tbsp oil
An improvised Strainer (originally a coconut juice strainer) available at
Ikea store but need to change the cup.
Cup is actually a plastic container bought separately, just drill or make
some holes at the bottom.
Also available at spotlight stores (Australia) sold as
potato ricer but more expensive with three sizes of disc.
1. Mix rice flour, tapioca flour and potato starch together into a big bowl.
2. Add in boiling water. Mix well. Keep on stirring till it becomes a
3. Add in normal water to cool down the paste.
4. Add in oil and knead to a smooth paste.
5. Boil water in a pot. Place a grater or an improvised coconut strainer or
potato ricer as
above picture on top.
6. Pour the rice paste on to the strainer and press . When the paste falls through
the holes, it becomes rice noodles
7. Scope up immediately when the rice noodles float. Set aside to cool.
Back to Recipes Index