Grandma's Oatmeal Bread
• 1 cup water, boiling
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon condensed milk or brown sugar /dark molasses
• 1/2 cup oats, old-fashioned
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 3 cups bread flour
• 2 teaspoons active dry yeast or 1½
tsp instant yeast
1.Put oats in a mixing bowl; pour boiling water over the oats. When
oats have cooled but are still a bit warm, add remaining ingredients.
Add a little more flour or water if necessary. Mix till
dough is not sticky and leave side of bowl or not sticking to
3. Transfer to bread pan and select basic and colour light
setting and press start.
Makes a 1 1/2-pound loaf.
Comments- This bread is very soft and tasty. The presence of
oatmeal is not distinct.
Back to Recipes Index