90g bread flour
60ml hot boiling water
1. Place Bread flour in a mixing bowl.
2. .Add hot boiling water and mix with wooden spoon to form a rough
3. Cover bowl with cling film and leave dough to cool in the fridge
for at least 1 hour or up to 48 hours
· 250g high protein flour
· 100g plain flour
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1 tbsp instant yeast or easy blend yeast
· 30g castor sugar
· 30g melted butter
· 1 lightly beaten egg
· 150ml warm milk
· Oil for deep-flying
· Cinnamon sugar or
· Castor sugar, mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder for flavouring if
Put sifted flours and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in yeast and
sugar. Pour combined ingredients into flour mixture.
2. Tear the gelatinized dough into pieces and add to the bowl. Mix well and
knead till you get a soft dough.
Turn out dough on a lightly-floured board. Knead for about five to
six minutes until the dough is smooth. Place dough in mixing bowl
again, cover with damp tea-towel and leave aside to proof for 60 to
90 minutes or until it doubles in size.
Knead dough on a lightly-floured board for a minute. Roll out dough
to 3/4 cm thickness. Stamp out with a doughnut cutter. (You can
gather up the pieces of remaining dough, roll it out and stamp again
with the cutter.)
Place the cut out doughnut on grease-proof paper. Cover with greased
cling film wrap and leave aside to rise for 25 to 30 minutes.
Heat oil and deep-fry doughnuts till they puff up and turn golden
brown. Remove and drain doughnuts on absorbent paper; toss them in
cinnamon sugar and serve.
Back to Recipes Index