Chee Cheong Fun
150g Rice Flour
1-1/2 Tbsp Wheat starch flour (Tang Fen)
2 Tbsp Cornflour
1 Tbsp Oil
2 cups Water
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Sift dry ingredients together.
2. Slowly add the water, mixing as you add. Strain to remove lumps.
3. Lastly add the oil and salt and mix thoroughly. Set batter aside
for at least an hour.
4. Prepare your steamer and place an oiled stainless steel plate
inside. Oiled 2 or 3 steaming tray (for rotation to speed up the
steaming process). Heat up the pan in the steamer for a minute.
5. When water is boiling, ladle and spread batter onto the plate.
Steam for about 4-5 mins.
6. Roll it tightly. Place rice rolls on a plate and brush with a
little oil. Continue with the rest of the batter.
1/2 cup water
7 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
3 Tbsp light soya sauce 生抽
3 Teaspoon black soya sauce
Mix all ingredients together and cook over medium flame until
Toasted sesame seeds.
1. Oil it steaming tray once at the start. If you find the CCF is
getting difficult to remove, oil again before the next batter is
2. The thickness of the CCF depends on each individual preference.
3. Having 3 trays on rotation will help speed up the steaming