180 gm. Butter
180 gm. Fine sugar
2 Extra large Eggs - beaten lightly
250 gm. Plain flour *
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
220 gm. Bananas - mashed
50 gm. Dairy whip cream (can substitute with evaporated milk)
1/2 tsp. Banana essence
2 bananas - slice
* Maybe substitute with self raising flour and minus 1 tsp
of baking powder
(1) Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.
(2) Pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy.
(3) Add in whip cream, mashed bananas and banana essence and mix
(4) Add in cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and
beat for a while only.
(5) Pour into an 8" round tray, and arrange sliced bananas on top.
(6) Bake at 175C for about 50 to 60 mins. or until cooked.